Music


Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My lovely grandma

If there is ever a time to listen to that voice, that Holy Spirit voice inside your mind, it is now. Mine was telling me that I needed to get a generational picture done with my grandma, my mom, myself and Elise. It was a nagging voice that amist many obstacles, was heard. On Sunday, September 14th, we all went out and my uncle Jeff took these beautiful photos of the four of us. It was a wonderfully beautiful day that I think all of us enjoyed immensely. We finished it with a hearty meal at my mom's house and "I love you's" all around as we always do. On Tuesday, my grandma went into the emergency room with the beginning of a health crisis that eventually took her life on September 28th. Two weeks from the beautiful fall day we all spent together. I am ever so grateful for listening to that Holy Spirit voice. Now I have photos along with a great memory of my lovely grandma. I look forward to the next time we meet. Love you, grandma!

5 comments:

bozovichfamily said...

Oh Cassie, what a blessing! I sure wish my grandma (mom's mom) would have gotten a chance to meet my kids. A week before she passed away I found out that I was expecting Jacob. I got a chance to tell her and see the joy in her face. She would have gotten a big kick out of him, for he is pretty much a "mini me" of her when it comes to personality. Who knows, maybe Elise will get all the best traits from her :O)

Lori said...

What a blessing that you followed those promptings. The Lord does bless us with simple mercies along our path. It makes me really sad that I no longer have a grandparent. It makes me feel too old.

La Mama said...

Beautiful pictures. What a sweet reminder to all of us to listen to the Holy Spirit. Miss you already!

mari said...

What beautiful pictues Cassie! The Lord is so good. I know you are so thankful that you acted on the Holy Spirit's leading to get all of you together for the afternoon.I really hope we can get-together sometime this week!

npGREENWAY said...

wow Cassie... That story gives me chills. I'm so glad you listened to His prompting.
-Scott M.